The RAZORBLADE is a non-explosive, reliable and cost-efficient punching tool which can cut single or multiple holes in a single run. The BLADE tool delivers circulation holes in a range of tubing and casing sizes from 2-7/8” to 9-5/8” and does not damage the outer or annular pipe string.
RAZORBLADE operates via an electro-mechanical downhole actuator tool and utilises a disposable alkaline battery pack for power requirements which delivers a single punch operation per pack, the alkaline pack contains no dangerous goods and is easy to handle, easy to transport, easy to dispose of and is wellsite safe. The BLADE can be run in real time or memory mode and is suitable for use with all conveyance methods including mechanical slickline, digital slickline, electric line, coiled tubing, sucker rod or jointed work string.
Features and Benefits
- Non-Explosive/Non-Lithium which improves safety, handling and logistics.
- Rugged, reliable and efficient punching tool.
- Punches in a single run into the wellbore
- Can be activated real time, memory timer, acceleration, pressure or ball drop.
- Short, light weight design aids in mobilisation via winged aircraft or helicopter.
- Ideal for operations with limited rig up height i.e. rig-less operations.
- Both 0˚ and 90˚ phasing options available.
- Cost-effective solution when compared to rival punching methods.
- Conveyance flexibility.
- Tool can be activated in real time or memory mode.
- Tool electronics are changed each run ensuring quality and reliability.
- High temperature tool qualified to 437˚F for 6 hours.
|Tool Length (“)||56.94||60.61||60.51||60.88||60.88||63.72||67.12|
|Tool Weight (lbs)||40.39||77.75||147.64||147.64||147.64||222.18||272.12|
|Maximum Cutting Force (lbs)||30||40||60||60||60||120||120|
|Maximum Operating Pressure (psi)||15||15||15||15||15||15||15|
|Max Temp – Standard Tool (˚F)||250˚F for 8 hours / 275˚F for 6 hours|
|Max Temp – RAZORHEAT Tool (˚F)||392˚F for 9 hours / 437˚F for 6 hours|
|Tubing Grade||J55 – K55 – L80 – N80 – P110 – 13 & 25 Chrome|
|Tubing Weight (lb/ft)||6.4 to 8.6||7.7 to 12.7||12.6 – 15.1||18 to 20.3||17.0 – 26.0||23.0 – 32.0||47.0 – 53.0|
|Punch Head OD (“)||2.16||2.78||3.60||4.00||4.50||5.60||7.75|
|Number of Holes Per Run||1 to 3||1 to 3||1 to 3||1 to 3||1 to 3||1 to 3||1 to 3|
|Hole Size (“)||0.43||0.65||0.73||0.73||0.95||0.95||0.95|
|Hole Size Flow Area (in²)||0.14||0.33||0.42||0.42||0.70||0.70||0.70|
Tubing Flow Area
|Tubing Flow Area x 1 hole (in²)||0.14||0.33||0.42||0.73||0.70||0.85||01.01|
|Tubing Flow Area x 2 holes (in²)||0.28||0.66||0.84||1.46||1.40||1.70||02.02|
|Tubing Flow Area x 3 holes (in²)||0.42||0.99||1.26||2.19||2.10||2.55||03.03|
|Tubing Flow Area x 4 holes (in²)||0.56||1.32||1.68||2.92||2.80||3.40||04.04|
|Tubing Flow Area x 5 holes (in²)||0.70||1.65||2.10||3.65||3.50||4.25||05.05|
|Tubing Flow Area x 6 holes (in²)||0.84||1.98||2.52||4.38||4.20||5.10||06.06|